Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Phoebe Coaster

I was reading over at The Pitter-Patter about her roller coaster of emotions. It reminded me of a little episode that I had this weekend.

This past week has been really good. I have been trying to put the "maybe adoption" out of my head because I am so scared that it isn't going to happen. I was doing a really great job too. I felt fine.

In church my husband and I sat down next to a couple that we always enjoy talking too. They have a little baby girl that was being just adorable. I was totally fine with it. The couple talked with us and we were just joking and laughing and having a good time. The meeting started and so we went back to focusing on Church things.

About 10 minutes into the talks and sermons, the baby starts to get a little loud and giggly. Her mother and I were giggling a little bit too because, come on.... a loud giggle while someone is talking about there trials is so silly. I'm only human.

Then my husband leans over and whispers,

"We are going to have so much fun when we're parents."

And I lost it. I immediately teared up. I had to leave. Tears were running down my face and snot was making its way out. I didn't want to be sitting with that baby anymore. It hurt it much to hear the giggles.

Just like that I was a total mess.

My husband, of course, felt horrible because that was not what he was going for at all. He meant it with an air of hopeful and a confident "some day". Poor guy.

I'm so ready to get off my very own Phoebe roller coaster and move on to the next scary ride of "Parenthood".

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately our hubbies get the brunt of our emotions. Having IF is definitely like being on a roller coaster, lots of downs, a few ups, and a lot of twists and turns. I can't wait for parenthood either...let's hope it comes soon for both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you never know when those emotions and feelings will surface. sorry to hear you had a rough day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGSSSSS!!! SORRY to hear about that...but I agree with jrs. It's really unpredictable, this IF journey...you'll never really know when anything "harmless" can really make you want to hide and just cry your heart out.

    ReplyDelete