Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wishful Thinking

I had this acquaintance in high school who I have been keeping an eye on, on Facebook. We have tons of friends in common and we were always friendly with each other in high school.

Well, she has been going through a really tough time. I have written about her before. She married her summer love high school sweet heart right out of graduation...and he turned out to be a tool. He was horrible to her and of course, she got knocked up. Well he started hitting her while she was pregnant and so she left him.

I've been getting snatches of information from Facebook and her friends. Tonight I wrote to one friend, "How is {C} doing? I only ask because I want to adopt/steal her baby." He asked me if I was seriously and I said, "Completely."

He told me that her parents are really pressuring her to give up the baby and they will help her out. She was adopted herself (I knew that from high school and so I knew that this would be a delicate subject...so I would never bring it up with her) and so she doesn't really want to give the baby up because she knows how it is to be that baby. At the same time, she is at a tough spot. She either has to raise this baby on her own, or give it up to get help. She is only 20.

My friend said that he would mention my interest to her. I don't know if it will come to anything...and I wouldn't ever get my hopes up until her and I talk...but it is something to think about.

I wouldn't know the first thing about adopting a child. It hasn't really needed to be thought out that much by Oscar and I. I would be amazing for this thing to come to something...but at the same time I am very guarded.

Wishful fantasies of me...wishful fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment