Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Mini Waiting Game

Anyone remember two or so posts ago when I wrote about talking with a friend about an acquaintance thinking about placing her baby for adoption? Well my friend {P} talked to this woman {C} about it and she said that she will be thinking about it. Apparently she is/was going to meet with two other couples but she told {P} that she might feel more comfortable giving her child to someone that she knows.

We might be looking at a Private Placement Adoption here.

I'm waiting for her to contact me regarding an interview to see if she thinks it will work.

I'm still trying not to get my hopes up. There seem to be so many reasons that I can think of why she wouldn't want me.

We are friends on Facebook...and seeing me fill the page with the images of a child that once was hers...well...I don't think I could do it. Right there would be my reason for not giving me that child.

I am getting my hopes up a little. But isn't that the first step to love? Putting my heart on the line? I mean, if {C} says no, I will be sad but at this point it is just kind of a pipe dream. But if if if she says yes, I'm already one step closer to loving this little girl.

It is a hard game...infertility. Something that sounded so easy in theory...making a baby...turns into something so complicated.

In other news...it has been 93 days since my last cycle. I'm going to take some Prov-era once I get the courage to POAS (you know...just in case).

5 comments:

  1. Hey Phoebe, I hope that your meeting goes well. Maybe it would be helpful if you went into it thinking it is like a practice for a potential adoption in the future. That way, you can let go of the outcome a little bit and just focus on meeting with her and being yourself. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a start yes, being excited about something that may have not been the way you pictured things going, but opening your heart anyway!!! I hope you enjoy the meeting with her and get to share some of your concerns. I look forward to hearing how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're right about this IF thing...it's really complicated, isn't it? You don't want to lose hope, yet you fear that the very hope will bring you crashing down...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. ALL THE BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a tricky situation you are in. I think it would be difficult for your friend to see your pictures/milestones of the baby on FB, but yet, it could be good for her to stay connected this way. A lot may depend on her hopes for the future- how open she wants her adoption to be, or not at all.
    Good luck! Just do your best. :)

    Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys are so supportive! It is amazing to know that when I write something on here there are people who care about me. I want you all to know that I love your blogs and care so much about what you have to say!

    I will be keeping you all informed on what is going on. Right now it is looking up. I hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete