Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Monday, March 22, 2010

Introduction to My Fur Baby

My husband sometimes doesn't like it when I grab my dog and make him cuddle with me or put sweaters on him. (I'm not a crazy person but it is so cold where we live now! It would be mean to not put a sweater on him.)
I can't help myself. He is the only "baby" I could have for awhile and so I was really happy when I saw the phrase "fur baby" flying around.
I always wanted a dog growing up and so when my husband and I bought a house I had to have a dog. We bought Pippen at a shelter and it has been love ever since.
I liked to think that he was going to help me learn to be a better mother. I think he has gotten me ready for more gross things to come. I have picked up poop everyday since. I have wiped up dog snot. I have cleaned up digging through the trash messes. I have cleaned up vomit and wiped up little "accidents".
I've also taught him tricks. I've taken him to dog parks to play with other dogs. I've gone on walks with him. I've taken him to farmer's markets to fun in dog races. I've cuddled on the couch with him and read books.
He is an amazing mutt and I love him. At least I know my world will never be short of fur babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment