Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Monday, March 29, 2010

Gratitude is the Best Attitude!

Instead of telling you all about how crumby I have felt the last couple days about ruining my memory card for my camera and losing a whole bunch of awesome photos, I thought it would be better to talk about gratitude.

Flashback to Christmas morning:

When I opened this
I was not grateful at all. I acted happy to receive it but inside I thought it was the dumbest present for me. What was I going to do with an 4GB memory card when I had a great 8GB one already. I didn't take that many photos at one time that I would need it. But what can you expect from brothers, right?

I stashed it away in the back of a drawer and forgot about it.

Flash forward to today:
I was super upset that I messed up my memory card and didn't have a replacement! I needed to be able to take photos but all I had was my old point and shoot...and after using a SLR for months I didn't like the idea. I like to be in control of manual. And then I remembered.

Needless to say I was over joyed to have that memory card in my time of need. But I thought, if I had only remembered what it felt like to have nothing I never would not have been so ungrateful at the time. I would have been able to receive that gift with the right attitude.


I need to remember that most of the world doesn't even have an 8th of all the blessings I have.

Everything is a gift. Every second. Every breathe. Every Thing.

I'll have to keep working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment