Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Good Turn Daily

Lately I have been telling other people that to help get them to take their minds off of their problems, they should focus on helping others.

I thought that I would trying giving it a go also.

Today I got my chance. I was in the grocery store with my husband and we were standing in line. This older woman came up behind us with two grocery carts full of stuff. She was trying to get it all on the cart and having a hard time and so I jumped in and gave her a hand.

She was so grateful for the help and it made me feel so good to be doing something for a total stranger.

I think sometimes I'm so afraid to connect in society with someone I don't know because of the potential risk. We as a whole are starting to be so disconnected with people but when it comes down to it, we are all basically the same. We are humans who sometimes need other humans to give up a hand or make contact. We don't have to move through the world alone.

Today was a good day.

Pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment