Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Picking Myself Up

It is time to pick myself back up and end my super boring pity party. Boo!!

I can be happy without a baby right now. I need to start focusing on all the good around me.

A couple days ago I was lucky enough to hear some people speak about gratitude and embracing the happy and rolling with the punches.

I'm in charge of my happiness even if I'm not in charge of my ovaries.

For Thanksgiving month, I thought that it would be fun to write about things that I'm thankful for. I'm going to try and do one for every day of the month.

1) My husband. Oscar is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so lucky that he wanted to marry me.

2) My home. We were so blessed to be able to afford a home especially in this economy.

3) Oscar's job. He has such a stable job. And stable jobs equal sane wives. And that makes Oscar happy.

4) Our family. Both of us have really fun supportive family near by. We get to go and visit them at least once a month. It is so great.

5) My fur babies. As hard as they can be sometime...I love them. I love how fun they are and how cuddly they can be. I love training them and practicing their tricks.

6) The weather. Even though I'm not a fan of cold weather, I'm starting to enjoy the cold. It is perfect snuggle weather. Seriously...after all of the warm weather and my husband saying, "You are too warm! You're making me sweaty!" it is great to have some cool snuggle weather.

5 comments:

  1. Phoebe,

    Your blog makes me want to be a better person.

    Thanks,
    One Happy Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh James!! Hahaha, I'm not trying to make you want to be a better person!! I'm trying to force myself to be a better person!

    There is so much that I can learn from this experience...and that is what I need to keep focusing on.

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really agree that you were having a pity party. You don't need to be down on yourself because you are sad. It won't take the sadness away, it will just leave you feeling cut off from that part of yourself.

    However, I think that cultivating gratitude is really powerful and I am cheering you on as you do this for the month of November. Here's a little quote that I thought you might enjoy.


    "Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that sitting all day in bed crying counts as a pity party.

    I don't see anything wrong in getting sad sometimes. It is so natural to let myself feel that way and I feel fine indulging in those feelings.

    But sometimes I take it entirely to far. My life isn't over. I'm not a mom today but that doesn't mean I should give up on being happy.

    Thank you so much for the quote!! I should focus on what is working in my life. I won't let this defeat me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE reading this post!!! It makes me happy! :-D

    ReplyDelete