Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Awkward Moments

Yesterday was a total reminder to me why you shouldn't try and adopt a baby from someone that you knew from high school.

At the time, it seemed like it was destiny. {C} was pregnant and didn't know if she could keep the baby and was going to adoption agencies trying to find a couple to place her baby with. She wanted to place baby {M} with someone that she knew...and then there was me.

But now it is over and everything is awful.

The worst part is that everyone from my high school knows her too and they want to talk about little baby {M}.
Of course I know {C} had her baby...but I can't say, "I know. She was going to be my daughter." People bring it up in conversation and ask me if I have seen pictures of her, ask me if I knew, try and tell me about her divorce.

Some people say to never adopt from someone that you know. I don't know about that. But I would say, never try to adopt from someone that all of your friends know.

Tomorrow I will try and post something a bit happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment