Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Thanksgiving Story

Well, it has been said before by many people in the IF community that the holidays are the worst time for us because it is so family oriented.

This Thanksgiving though, I decided to get together with my family that are close by and some friends that didn't have anywhere to go for dinner. It was still a pretty small group of 6 but it was nice to all be together for the holiday.

We ate at 2:30pm and it was amazing. At 4 though...everything kind of turned. At 4, my friend {M} announced that she was pregnant.

I'm happy for her. I don't want you guys to think that I wanted to throw her out of my house for getting knocked up but ...it wasn't something that I really wanted to think about just then.

The next 3 or 4 hours was spent calling all of her family and friends on skype and making the big announcement. So...there I was. Sitting on my couch with a piece of cherry pie listening to the "I'm pregnant" song, followed with the chorus of "That is so wonderful! We are so excited for you! When you are you due? How has morning sickness been? When will you find out if it is a boy or a girl?"

She is a wonderful person and her loved ones have a right to be happy and want to celebrate with her but it was just so hard guys.

One thing that got me through though was thinking, "I'm so going to blog about this. The ladies will love this CLASSIC story."

I would have been happier for her, I think, if her and her husband had at least been trying to have a baby. But no...it was a surprise. And "surprises" seem to only add fuel to the "if you stop worrying about it, it will just happen" fire.

I'm so excited for Christmas. I'm sure someone else is secretly pregnant right now too.

1 comment:

  1. This IS such a classic story. It does hurt that much more when the couple isn't even trying. Have some respect folks, share your news in the privacy of your home/with your family and don't take away the joy of Thanksgiving/Christmas from us who can't just flip a switch and get preggers. Sorry to hear you had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete