Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Monday, November 8, 2010

On a Lighter Note: My Neck

Okay, so...this might not seem like it is going to be a funny story but I give you permission to laugh.

I have been struggling to get rid of this cold lately(I was enjoying the excuse to stay in bed and mope). Well last Monday I wanted some peached and cream to make me feel a little better (mentally...not physically. I realize that drinking dairy is bad for me while I have a sinus infection.) so I poured myself a bowl of cream and went to town. When my husband came into the room as I finished the last bites he said, "Oh my gosh! That is expired! Can't you see the chunks!"

I had not...I couldn't really taste it so I wasn't paying too much attention.

That night I got terribly sick. Everything coming out of both ends. Am I painting you a pretty picture?s

Long story short...I gave myself

WHIP LASH!

from puking my guts out.

That is right, ladies and gentlemen. I have been pretty much bed ridden since then from the pain in my neck and back. My husband's mother is a physical therapist and so she set me up really nicely. Pain killers and limited movement. Anti inflammatory and muscle relaxers.

Please...someone tell me that you have an even crazier/ridiculous accident story.

(Did I ever tell you guys about the time I broke my foot stepping in a gopher hole? I never said I was a role model.)

I will write about more things I'm grateful for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh NOOOOOOO...I'm SO SO SO SORRY to hear this! :-(((( I can't really laugh 'coz you're suffering there. Anyway, hope you get better soon! Good thing your MIL knows what advice to give you. Phew!!!

    Breaking your foot? Never read that before...ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is a crazy story!!! Poor woman :(
    That is just an overwhelming accumulation of very uncomfortable/painful situations that really should never be allowed to exist together. Which is why I did chuckle (thanks for giving us permission). Who would ever believe that this series of unfortunate circumstances would occur to the same person over the span of a few days.

    Rest and get well soon. Poor darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **snort**

    Wow, I am so sorry that you are experiencing that. Feel better soon, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete