Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Last 6 Weeks

Maybe I'm a total bitch but I really wanted to write, "Being able to have a baby should have made the last six weeks worth it."

This is one of my friends who got married and about a week into the marriage she was pregnant. Before she got married she told me that she believed in the "When God wants to give me a baby, I'll have a baby" birth control.

I have a HUGE rant about that "form of birth control". But for now, I want to write about things that made my last six weeks worth it.

10) My in-laws. I have a great sister-in-law who is always so sweet to me. She helped me plan my wedding because my real sister is always too busy to help me with anything. She sits and lets me talk to her about the adoption falling through.

11) Soup!! I love soup and it is the perfect weather for it. It is the best friend that my belly could have.

12) Warm showers!! Whenever I have a cold, I hop in a warm shower. Anytime I have sore muscles, I hop in a warm shower. If I've been outside in the cold too long and I can't feel my toes, I hop in a warm shower. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a water heater.

13) My church children. They are so fun to see every week. I'm so glad that I get to hear their innocent thoughts on things. Yesterday they made thank you cards for the woman who plays the music for us. But one of the kids drew a pictures of me as an alien. If I was an alien, I would 3 mouths, 5 legs and curly fingers...just so you know.

14) My oven. I think I figured out why people bake cookies and things throughout the whole Christmas season. IT IS SO WARM!! I baked cookies for a party that I had the other day and I loved it so much!!! I get to stay warm and I get cookies. My oven makes me happy.

15) Netflix. I know...this one is kind of lame in the grand scheme of things. Netflix is super awesome though. Since I have been sitting in bed and moping most of the last 6 weeks, I have watched a ton of instant videos on Netflix. They are made of magic.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Hyrum, the name? Ugh.
    2. I hope this isn't totally insensitive of me to say, but don't let yourself become bitter towards mothers.
    3. I want to hear your rant about "that form" of birth control.
    4. Netflix is the best. I am totally addicted. Do you watch Bones? That is the show I am currently into and four seasons of it are on watch instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I know!!! They are kindof...that way...There is a kid in my ward named Teancum.
    2) Maybe not insensitive but...yeah,it hurts a little. I don't consider myself bitter toward mothers. I get tired of hearing the griping about no sleep, changing diapers, and that whole mess. I mean...what were they expecting? I expect child care will be super tough and I will probably want someone to complain too but I don't think that everyone has to hear about it. Plus, I think that I'm allowed to be silently aggravated that she is complaining about something that she is so lucky to have. I'm not going to tell her that she is an ungrateful cow or anything. I'm just going to roll my eyes and complain about her to people who kind of get that part of me.

    3)I will totally rant about "that form" of birth control!

    4)I love Bones!!! I wish that there were more seasons for me to watch because it is pretty much the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGS about the Facebook thingie...I think in this modern world, though it IS REALLY convenient to meet other IFers through the internet, but Facebook use is also very dangerous for IFers. I have a love and hate relationship with FB - even without the IFers problems with that.

    LOVE reading the list, though. :-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self: Do not complain about challenges of parenthood on facebook. I sincerely apologize if you've been bothered by any of my facebook statuses about Bear's biting problem or all the havoc he wreaks on our house.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mrs.Potts No! I LOVE reading about the Bear's bitting problem and the havoc he wreaks on your house!!! You tell stories about what he does in a humorous way. You are more like, "Oh my gosh...guess what the Bear did this time!! Peanut butter everywhere!!!" What irritates me are the constant stream of "Oh my gosh, I change diapers every day...I hate my life." "Oh man, I got no sleep last night because I have a baby." "This baby cries so loud...why did I get stuck with the kid who cries all night long?" This woman who I'm talking about has been a constant stream of that stuff for the last six weeks. I'm glad her kid smiled at her too...so she would stop with the griping already.

    But seriously, most of my friends who have babies only write about the good stuff...or the "My kid just threw my cell phone in the toilet" stuff and I have no problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about what you wrote Mrs. Potts and you are right. At first I took the defensive but I am in total agree with you now.

    I have never had a baby keeping me up all hours of the day and night. I have never had to deal with changing diapers every day for six weeks. I can't say that I wouldn't want to vent on facebook about it.

    I had no room to judge her. I think I did let my lack of having, take over and make me bitter towards this woman.

    I will try and do better.

    I love you too, Mrs. Potts!

    ReplyDelete