Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fur Babies- Training For Real Babies

When I got my first fur baby I knew that it would come with some responsibility but I didn't know that it would be like training for real babies. For the first time I had to start being completely responsible for another living thing. I had had pets growing up but this was different. If anything happened to Pippen, I was in charged of everything to fix things.

The first time I really felt like a mom to Pippen was when he got into some food he wasn't suppose to and he woke me up every two hours to tell me that he needed to go to the bathroom. I was up all night with the little guy.

This one time I came home from school and found that he had thrown up in his kennel and had been just sitting in it. I had to give him a bath and some Pepto bismal (The vet nurse on the phone suggested it like I was an idiot for not thinking of it myself.) and clean out his kennel.

We have a new fur baby now named Bambi. We rescued her from the shelter like we did with Pippen. She is a huge handful but I think I love her. I told my husband that I just needed some living things to take care of.

I like to think that there are lessons I have to learn before I can have children and I have to keep learning until I do. I know that lack of knowledge isn't the medical reason for my lack of children just yet but I don't think that learning more about myself and parenting is going to hurt any either.

No comments:

Post a Comment