Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Advice From Those Who "Know"

Don't you love that wonderful unsolicited advice? I have tried to confide in my friends what I have been feeling and going through and they have been alright about it. They don't know exactly how I feel but they have tried to listen.

Well one of them called me up the other day because she was talking with her mom about me and her mom had some "great advice for me". Because she would know...she had 4 kids from two different men that she isn't married to anymore...so she would also be great for marriage advice.

"Once you stop stressing about wanting a baby, it will be easier to have one."

"Tons of people have adopted and then gotten pregnant. I've heard stories about it all the time. And it is because they finally stopped freaking out about it. Instead of adopting, you should just stop freaking out about it."

I don't know why she thinks that I am so stressed out. I don't feel that freaked out about it. I've only been trying to four months. I mean, the doctors don't want me to get worried until it has been a year. I want to get pregnant really badly...but I don't think I have reacted "freaking out".

I tried to remember this post and it really helped me not bite her head off. I know that she was trying to be helpful. I just want to say, "Well if I knew it was going to be that easy...I wouldn't have started this medication that gives me cramps that make me feel like puking every morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment