Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happiness For Others

When I was growing up, I had a Sunday School teacher who struggled with infertility. I only knew this because I would listen to my mom talking with her about it...it wasn't a subject in class.

This woman had been married for a few years and had been trying since they got married to have a child. Living in South East Asia, it was hard to get a good OB/GYN. Over Christmas this year she announced that she was pregnant. It had been about 4 years since I had seen her last so I knew that she probably spent the better part of the last decade trying to have this baby.

Well about three days ago that baby was born and the out pouring of love is incredible. Every picture of this baby has 50+ comments on it. Because we had all felt the struggles and wanted this baby so bad for her. I think we all feel like we were a tiny part of this baby. It was as if, all of the happy thoughts and encouragement that we have been sending her way, has created this child.

For babies that come easy or when they are "accidents" people celebrate but with either disinterest or sympathy. When a baby is wanted for years and made through struggle, everyone can only feel happiness. They know that that baby was made with total intention and more understanding of the hugeness that is creating life.

Sometimes, I think we are blessed for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment