Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bookshelf Inspired

After all of the research that I am doing online for ideas of stuff to spruce up my house (Build in the 1940's) I have stumbled upon an idea that I would never think of.

Don't like it?

Need to update?

On the cheap?

Just PAINT IT!

When I was trying to decide what I wanted to clean out and spruce up the guest bedroom, my eyes feel upon an old bookshelf.

Rewind:

Three years ago when I was in college I needed a bookshelf. I went to the DI (Deseret Industries) and got a skinny wood bookshelf with a heart cut out of the top. It was the perfect size for what I needed even though it didn't go with anything I owned. It worked. That was all the mattered.

Fast Forward:

Times had changed and I still didn't like the heart. I had gotten my money's worth out of it and so couldn't I just throw it out? Then I got a idea.

That is right.
Paint it.

I would paint it red, since that is one of my favorite colors. But there was still the matter of the heart. I don't know what it is about the heart. I thought that it made the whole thing look cheap. Then I got another idea... I hope you like.
My husband thinks that it looks like a watermelon in the, now, light green room. I think he is just jealous of my skill.
I think that it looks so adorable with my children's book collection on it.Now you go have some fun being creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment