Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Monday, August 30, 2010

I Thought By Now...

When I first got diagnosed with PCOS most of my friends with babies said the same thing.

"It took us 2 months to get pregnant."
"Your aunt took 4 months getting pregnant with her first."
"My sister and brother-in-law waited 2 months."
"It took us almost 4 months to get pregnant. Just give it time."
"God knows best! It took us nearly 3 months."

The longest time that I was told was 6 months. My mother said that it took her 6 months to get pregnant with my last sibling. 6 months. That seemed like such a long time. I thought of all of the stuff that would be happening in those 6 months of waiting. I thought about 6 months+ 9months and figured out when I could be a mom.

It's been six months since I found out that I had PCOS. That I don't ovulate. In the last 2 years I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen AF. All I need is one finger to tell you how many times I have done that on my own.

Here is hoping that the next 6 months go by quicker so I can start working on getting pregnant with some help.

3 comments:

  1. Can I ask what is happening in the next 6 months? how are you working towards getting pregnant with some help. I was diagnosed with endometriosis, which is totally different, but I would love to know what the next steps are with PCOS. I think most of us hear the storys of people who "waited" 4-5 months to get pregnant....I know even by 4 or 5 months I was starting to get worried, but I had no Idea I would STILL be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the next 6 months are au natural. With PCOS you have to be trying for a year before the doctors will do anything to help. They hope that on the off chance that I ovulate, we will get pregnant then.

    Once the 6 months are done, we can try Clomid. That would hopefully force me to ovulate and do the trick. If we get bored with that we can do more drastic things...but I don't know if I am going to be up for that.

    If it gets to the point that we have been trying to Clomid for a year, I will probably opt to try and adopt. That is my game plan for right now.

    I'm a bit backwards from most people. It seems that most people try for a year and when nothing happens they go to the doctor. But I went to the doctor when we started talking about starting our family and found out that I had PCOS and then we started trying...since we figured it could be awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is really tough...HANG IN THERE while waiting for 6 more months to pass by!!!

    I was also told that by the nurse whom I called. When we were TTCing, after 8 months we didn't get any result, I wanted to get myself checked up but the doctors here wouldn't let us do that unless we have passed by 12 months. So I can relate to your feelings in a way...

    In Indo, doctors allow you to have as many tests as you want even when you first start TTC...'coz you have to pay for everything anyway (I don't think there are any insurance coverages for those types of tests).

    ReplyDelete