Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Medication- Glucomage

My whole life I have avoided medication like the plague. Even for a headache, I would never take anything. I would put a cool wash cloth on my head and take a nap.

I wanted my body to heal itself. I never wanted to become addicted or immune to any medication because I was scared that someday when I really needed some drugs to help me, I wouldn't be able to use them.

Now I am on Glucomage and I hate it. It has been 82 days since my last cycle and I feel sicker than ever. I don't think it is doing anything at all for me but making me ill. The side effects are awful and I don't think that there has been any change in me what so ever.

I'm so frustrated that I have another 6 months before I can be declared infertile and start on something that could really make me ovulate.

I wish that I could be one of those women with infertility who are trying this naturally. I am starting to think about it really seriously. I don't want to be sick the whole time that I am waiting to get pregnant. I want to be strong and fun and fearless. I want to be me again.

Should I really stay on medication that makes me feel this way? I don't want to be on bed rest before I am even pregnant. These should be some of the best years of my life. I don't want to spend them on the toilet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe, I don't know about that medication, but it sure sounds like it's not making your body happy. Have you talked to your doctor about stopping it or finding an alternative with fewer side effects. You know, the potential benefits of a drug always have to be weighed against the side effects. If the side effects are weighing in heavier, maybe the drug is not worth it. Just something to consider.

    Good luck in figuring out what's the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear that the medication is making your feel sicker. that's not the way it's supposed to work. Hope you can find some relief soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is tough...I also know a friend who had just been diagnosed with PCOS...she took some pills and after a while she experienced bleeding and she fainted!!! She and hubby decided not to take any more pills 'coz of that - though she said that the pills helped her lose weight (the weight she gained due to PCOS), but still it wasn't worth the side effects. Maybe you should contact your doctor again?

    One reason I don't want to go on any treatment is 'coz I'm afraid of the side effects...anyway, I also know one friend who has PCOS who took some pills, but they worked fine for her. I guess everybody is different and our bodies react differently for different pills. I sure hope that even if you have to take some pills as PCOS treatment, they would work well for you...

    ReplyDelete