Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Post New York City Trip

Thank you so much to all the well wishers! The trip was amazing.
I got to talk with one of my friends about my PCOS which was really great. She asked if it was okay to talk about her son with me (Of course it is! I was there when the little guy was born!) but I did tell her that as long as she never says, "Just relax and it will happen." I would never be upset with her.

She was at a Blogher conference at New York City (Oscar and I went to split the cost of a room with her). I told her about the infertility blogging community and how wonderful it is. The next day she ran into someone with IF problems too. The world is so small when you are looking for people with IF. It is sad but comforting to know that we can have so much support from other people who have gone through all of this.

Okay, so onto New York City. You probably don't want to hear every single detail so I will just give you some pictures.
Time Square!! It is crazy that it can be the middle of the night and everything is almost as clear as day. A friend and I headed up to the top of Rockefeller Center on Thursday to get a good view of the city. It was amazing.
Friday was an awesome day since I finally got my baby back and into New York City. Central Park was awesome with him. We even got to see Phantom of the Opera that night. It was great to see so many shows while we were there.
Saturday was awesome too.
We had an awesome last night there all together. Dinner in an amazing restaurant and great company. Another night in Time Square. Sexy poses with my dear friend. And Sunday we had tours in NBS Studio.
It was great to get away for awhile. I loved taking my mind off of things and having fun with the man I love. I am so happy with my life and I'm so glad that I was able to embrace every single day of this trip.

Hopefully I will be able to start doing that for every day of my life too. Because, you know what? I deserve it!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time in NYC. I really like the pictures of you at the top of Rockefeller Centre. I'm glad you were able to relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the picssss (my fave is the second one)...you did have LOTS of fun there he he...Phantom of the Opera? I'm ENVIOUS!!! I've been wanting to watch the opera ever since I found out about it - first I watched the 1990 TV series on TV, then I found the CD and the book and I also watched the big screen movie. Now all I need to complete the experience is watch the opera itself...someday then. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the longest running show and something tells me that it will always be on Broadway...or at least for awhile!
    I'm terribly lucky. I would also be lying if I didn't say the trip was possible because I don't have kids yet....that always makes me feel kind of guilty. I want children...but sometimes I can see how my life is a lot more care free with out them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you're saying about the guilt...it's very logical and I've got so many (fertile) people saying that about us - about how they envy me 'coz I have plenty of time to do some gardening or other hobbies and stuff like that (or just to watch a movie with hubby).

    So it's not just WE (infertiles) who think that way (logically thinking, though our hearts still yearn for the babies and the busy life)...humans are complicated beings, aren't we? HE HE HE HE...So don't be too hard on yourself about the guilt, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amel it is good to know that I am not alone when it comes to wanting to live life to the fullest while I don't have the children to worry about. I will get on board with the behaving thing when I have children to worry about. Till them, TRAVEL ON!
    @JRS Thanks! It was awesome! But you know how that is! You got to go to New Zealand! Fun times for all!

    ReplyDelete