Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Facing the Relatives

When the whole "failed adoption" thing happened, I was happy that all I had to do was send out a mass Facebook message to all 4 people who knew what was going on, including my mother. I didn't want anyone to ask me questions or bring it up with me unless I brought it up with them first.

Two months later, I still don't really want to talk about it with much of anyone besides a couple close friends.

So I was a little worried when we were headed to the in-laws house for Christmas. I didn't want Oscar's parents to ask me questions or try to talk it out with me.

It turns out that I didn't really need to worry about those two things...just a couple comments from the mother-in-law that made me feel like she was blaming me.

For example, she started pulling out all of this fabric that she bought, "Look at this fleece I bought. Isn't it perfect for a baby girl?"

"Yeah, that is super cute. I love fleece baby blankets."

"I also got some cute fabric for dresses. Wouldn't this make the perfect little girl's dress?"

"That is so cute!"

"I don't know what I'm going to do with it now though. Hopefully Dee(my sister-in-law)'s friend Michelle is having a baby girl."

Oscar says that she didn't mean anything by it....I'm not so sure.

I was helping her clean up the living room for company and I found a cute little babies blanket and I said, "Oh wow, this is so cute. Where did you get it?"

And she said, "Well, I had to get stuff for that little girl but I guess it is going in storage now."

Maybe I'm crazy or super sensitive right now but it really felt like she was mad at me for "losing" baby {M}.

I was helping my sister-in-law go through fabric for our friend Michelle (she is actually {M} from the Thanksgiving story) because Dee loves making her friends stuff for their babies. We found these fabric projects for the fabric baby books. Dee said to her mom, "Oh wow, these are so cute!" And she said, "Well, which ever one of you gives me my first grandchild gets them."

Ummm...I'm not racing. I told Dee that if I did by some miracle get them first, she could totally have them when she has a baby.

Luckily those were the only real awkward run ins in the baby department.

2 more months before I am officially INFERTILE!!! *Balloons and streamers!!!*

2 months before I am officially in the infertility club. Only one year of TTC and I'm already so tired of this ride. Oh well...the BD hasn't been too bad....At least, Oscar isn't complaining.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have had to deal with some insensive people lately. Whether or not they meant to say things in that matter, it's still hurtful. People suck.

    Sad to hear you may join the infertility club soon...been almost 4 years for us. Sounds like you need some cheering up, huh? Just remember this is only a moment in time. Hope you can find some strength in that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a tough time with your MIL. Argh! You really had nothing to do with the fact that baby M didn't come to be your child. It wasn't at all related to what you did or did not do. I hope you can let go of what your MIL tried to insinuate.

    And I'm not thrilled that you will become an official card carrying member of the IF club, but if it helps you access treatment, then I think it might be worthwhile.

    Hoping for bright times for you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete