Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Grateful for None

Pretty much the only time that I'm really grateful that I don't have children, is when I'm traveling. Watching people struggling in the airport to not go crazy trying to juggle all of the stuff that they need, makes me think, "Wow...I'm so glad that I don't have to add that to my traveling stress."

I used to think that if I ever thought something like, "Wow. I'm glad I don't have kids right now", that God would say, "Fine. You WON'T!" But I'm really starting to let go of those superstitions. I think that it's okay to think that. To be grateful of the situation that I'm in.

Oscar and I are already planning a trip to Mexico in June...and I think that I will be happy that I don't have children with me then too. I'm going to enjoy the time alone as a couple to travel.

One of my goals for the New Year, isn't to get pregnant, but to let this be some of the happiest years of our marriage. I don't have any control over getting pregnant, I've discovered. But I do have control over how much I fun and adventure I have with my hubby.

So for today...I'm so glad that I don't have children to juggle in the airport.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the tone of this post. It's good to enjoy life as best as we can and it IS ironic that many friends of mine who have small kids look at us and wonder when they can have a "date" vacation without kids again.

    We're hoping to go back to Indo next summer, though I still don't know yet how many days of summer holiday I've earned 'coz I just started working last July, so we'll see he he...but we're saving money for that purpose and I DO hope we can make it! :-D

    By the way, albeit a bit late, merry Christmas and happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! These 'newlywed' years should be some of the best of our lives. Once children come, focus is no longer on marriage and adventures, it's on the kids...for 18-many more years. We need to spend the time strengthening our bond and setting a firm and loving foundation for our future children.

    P.S. We went to Cancuun, Mexico for our honeymoon almost 4 years ago. We didn't even leave the ocean it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete