Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On a Lighter Note: Joe

Joe is my most...ummm...colorful Church child. The most ridiculous and amazing things come out of his mouth sometimes.

Last Sunday he helped me realize that I'm totally ready to be a mom.

He has to go to the bathroom and so we headed down to the bathroom. He is old enough to take care of "business" himself which is awesome. He came out of the bathroom rather quickly and so I figured that he hadn't washed his hands but I wasn't sure.

Here is the conversation we had.

Phoebe: Joe, did you wash your hands?

Joe: Yes.

Phoebe: Please don't lie to me. Did you wash your hands?

Joe: YES!

Phoebe: Hold out your hands.

(I figured that if he has washed his hands they would be cold and/or wet. I touched his hand.)

Phoebe: Lets go back in the bathroom and wash your hands.

Joe: HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!?

Phoebe: I'm not a mom yet, but I'm in training.

I suddenly understood how my mother seemed to always know when I was lying...I wasn't that smart yet.

Another gem was when we were in, what we call, Singing Time. It is when we sing about Jesus and those sorts of things. While we were learning a new song about Christmas, the chorister asked, "What action do you think we should do for "In Bethlehem"?

Joe seriously STOOD UP and said (with actions), "We should hammer nails in His HANDS!"

In his defense...we had been talking about the crucifixion in class. One of the children had asked how Jesus died...Apparently he was paying attention.

4 comments:

  1. what a cutie pie! And what an awesome mom in training :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help laughing while imagining his face when he said "HOW DID YOU KNOW?" LOL LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, seriously! He was looking at me as if I were some kind of mind reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How CUTE! I love these stories of your church kids. They are just the funniest.

    And, we all are moms-in-training...we need to remember that sometimes. We WILL be mommas. Believe.

    ReplyDelete