Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A No Sew Project

Don't worry! I haven't given up on my goal of learning to sew. I have been working on it. Just simple things though. I made some pillow covers and curtains for our living room. I will probably post some pictures eventually. It is still January and so I am just getting warmed up.

Thing I owe you:
  • A home made purse that I have yet to finish

  • A dress that is half way done

  • Pictures of my living room curtains and pillow covers

Don't let me forget!

The purpose of this post though is to show you a fabric included, but no sew project that I worked on the other day. Long story short my dog ate my shoes(boring but typical) that I have had for 2 years. I wanted new shoes to replace them...but instead of spending money on new ones I decided to mod-podge some fabric on them.

It was a fairly easy project and I am so glad that I got my shoes back! I don't have to be embarrassed about the chewed up bow.
My hint to anyone who is planning on doing this: If you have a dark shoe for the base, use a dark fabric. I can see the black of my shoe coming through in parts and so if they wear down or next time I do this to another pair of shoes I am going to go for something bolder.

This isn't the finished bow...I just loved how it looked over sized. I'm going to glue down a smaller bow to the front.Good luck with your project!

No comments:

Post a Comment