Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Silly Samplers!

Since writing that last post I have been DIEING to make my own sampler with a less than normal "tender" message.

My mother is amazing and obsessed with crafts and so this Christmas she gave me free roam of the craft closet and permission to take anything that I could fit in my suitcase. One of the things I ended up with were three tea towels with a stripe of cross stitching fabric. I figured that those would be really fun things to try my hand at with these samplers. Now I am sad that I only took three! I might end up asking her to send me more. Tell me what you think.
This was the first one that I made. I am in love with strawberries at the moment and so I knew that those would look so cute on this towel. I also have a hate for people who don't wash there hands when they go to the bathroom.
I also tried to make the back really neat since you never know when someone might turn it around and heaven forbid someone see a rat's nest of threads. I am personally amazed with myself. As long as this is washed gently than it shouldn't fall apart.
Who cross stitches skulls and crossbones? ME! I love it! People right now are so obsessed with swine flu and so I thought it would be funny to demand that you wash your hands.

I think that the next one I will work on will have little pig faces but I can't figure out what I am going to write on it. I am also thinking that I might try selling these on etsy. I don't have my own account. I will have to think about it.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment