Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Case for Silly Samplers

Recently, while in a book store trying to spend some Christmas money from family, I found a book entitles, Subversive Cross Stitching. While I didn't find all of the patterns in it appropriate, I did find some of them funny. If you don't offend easily I suggest that you take a look.

This is a concept that I LOVE. Once when I was forced to do a cross stitch for church, I made a pattern that said, "The Gospel is True, and People are Jerks." It was something that my mother had always told me and I thought it would be nice to share. :) Or maybe a scripture like this.

Proverbs 17: 28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent...

That would make a cute sampler to hang in my house, wouldn't it!

All you ever see in houses are the sweet ones. Slightly cheesy but positive messages that you want to look at every day. I understand.

But wouldn't you smile when you saw this too?This is a quote from Star Wars if you didn't get the reference. (How could you miss it with the light sabers at the top?)

I feel a slight shift in my desire to sew...heading toward cross stitching some stuff for the fun of it. Well...I do have a year to work on my goal of sewing. Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment