Right now, I am doing a fun "experiment" and trying to take all of my friend's and my friend's mother's advice and "Just Relax".

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New OB/GYN

I know that I have been gone for awhile. I have actually been avoiding this blog like the plague. I was getting to involved with it and other people's blogs and all of the bad news was getting to me.

I thought to myself in my innocence, "Maybe I do need to just relax and try and it will happen." Nope.

Another month. Another negative. Another round of progesterone to get me to HAVE a period.

I got a new OB/GYN. My other one moved away and I'm glad that she did because she was awful at helping me. I got a blood test awhile ago done to make sure that it was PCOS and a week later I called in because she hasn't called me the following Monday like she said she would. I asked about the results and the person on the phone told me that the OB/GYN hadn't looked at them yet. A week later I called back again and the girl just told me that everything was normal.

This month I went back to get a yearly exam...yeah for stirrups. I was asking my doctor about PCOS and she told me that I for sure had it because my exam actually showed that I had really elevated testosterone. She also told me that for my age and weight there was no reason for my cholesterol on a fasting test to show as high as they did. She was worried that in a couple years I might already get diabetes.

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP OLD OB/GYN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment